Sunday, October 16, 2005

Things I love

The past two days, I have hardly been outside the house. I have been trying to get two programmes to work on my computer and I have been working on some data. Unfortunately, this didnt all go well, even though I need to write a paper about all this pretty soon. Tomorrow, I will try to do all this at University, where the computers are significantly better than my laptop is. This might increase my chances of getting things done.
I also just wanted to mention that there are two companies I absolutely love. Companies that are innovative, customer-friendly and simply brilliant. The two companies I mean are Google and Amazon.
Google is obviously most well-known for its search engine, but a rather recent feature was Google Earth. This feature enables you to get a satellite picture of the entire world, down to the detail that I can recognise the car of my former landlady in Sydney!!! Unfortunately, not everything has been loaded this well, but it is exactly this level of detail that has led India to actually think that Google might be helping terrorists!!! A more recent awesome feature that Google has launched is the weblog search engine. This is another amazing Google feature!!!
Amazon, on the other hand, has wholly different cool features. Apart from the incredible convenience of being able to order everything over the Internet, the single one thing I love most about Amazon is its Recomendation List. Amazon automatically generates a range of recommendations on the basis of past purchases. And, to be really honest, these recommendations are always incredibly good! I have already found so many books/DVDs I own and love in the recommendations list. I also have ordered lots of them!!! I simply want to say: I am impressed!
ciao, OJ

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Gone fishin'
Sunday, Oct. 16 -- We're off for a while. Cashed in some frequent flier miles when it looked like US Airways wouldn't be around to celebrate Christmas this year.
Free Dish Network combines America's favorite network channels, other popular networks not available from many cable services, a pay per view movie service with up to 55 choices of movies and special events a day, local channels in many markets, and an unprecedented sports subscription lineup. Check out my site on Free Dish Network