Tuesday, October 04, 2005

*I just can't hide it*

So yesterday, I was still a mess: totally fucked... Just like the weather!

Today, however, I simply had to be better again, because I had to go to the IMF recruitment officer's presentation. Not that I am looking for a job yet, or anything, because I will have to finish my PhD first... But it does give you something to look forward to. It is just great hearing the description of the perfect job. Exactly the things I want to do (research, but focus on the policy implications, help the poor, guide the blind and travel a lot!) and then hearing what a "competitive salary" comprises nowadays. A "competitive salary" apparently means a starting salary of 85 thousands dollars a year. AFTER tax!!! Plus fantastic secondary benefits!
Anyway, I am not there yet. Not even close. Not even remotely close... These are highly selective jobs given to the best PhDs, blablabla, but just the fact that these recruitment teams are paying a special visit to Bocconi, already seems like a positive starting point. Let's just say: it is not impossible to be playing in that kind of field when I am done (or even when I am not done: to do a 3-month internship for 4500$ a month net, with benefits).
Well, I was quite excited about all this. I wasnt able to ask any questions, if I had had any, because I hardly had any voice at all anymore. The lecture in Numerical Methods in Macroeconomics was horrible as always, after which I went home and back to bed...
Buone notte!
OJ

No comments: