Thursday, October 13, 2005

Can you feel the rhythm?

I didnt actually start crying yesterday, although I was very close once I got to the post office. Overthere, I was first told I that I was an idiot, because I didnt speak Italian. Afterwards, the lady at the desk told Silvia (over the phone) that she "obviously" couldnt do anything and that the documents "obviously" went back to Holland again. Or maybe, they didnt, but she couldnt possibly know, or try to find out. I simply went home, sad.
And drank with my flatmates, who could understand my sadness (seriously, changing my email address was simply as low as one could possibly go).
Today, however, I started with fresh courage and went to my first class at 9. Afterwards, I tried to use a computer programme, which was protesting quite a lot against me. But I managed to kind of use in the end. At around 20 o'clock, I left the University (I am finally getting into a working rhythm again) to watch Italy-Moldova with Bjoern. The match ended 2-1 and it sucked. I mean, seriously sucked... So now, I am home and will go to sleep. I did, btw, manage to reach the Consulate. I will pay them an additional 15 euros and hopefully my documents will now actually arrive (having it sent to the University, this time). In addition to that, they will also send a fax with the most important details to the University, to make sure I am not actually kicked out of the programme by force!
Bonnenotte, OJ

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey Olaf,

I see that you are still working at all the administrative stuff! What a hell.. Here it is bad but by far not as bad as in Italy. But look on the bright site Italians are probably more mature and have at least a taste for fashion and food. Asians have no understanding off fashion or what so ever. The more colorful the better and there must be at least one Mickey Mouse on every outfit

So the conclusion must be that if you finished all the administrative stuff it must be better in Italy than in Taiwan.

Good Luck
Pieter

xxxxxxx said...

Hi Olaf,

There does not really seem to be an end to the paperwork. Can't you just send someone to the consulate and pay him 50 euros for a round trip to Milan? Well, probably solving one problem is only the start of the next one so you might just accept it as the downside to migration.

On the other hand, you seem to have your life organised pretty well, there. So, if it wouldn't be for the administrative affairs, it all would be just fine, wouldn't it?

Best,
Gerwin