Sunday, October 09, 2005

The Sun actually exists...

The weather finally cleared up today, after nearly a week of torrential rain... I got up much later than I planned to, at 12. I quickly went to the market to get some fruit and then went downtown to actually do some shopping (for the first time). While enjoying the weather, I analysed the shops. This was quite difficult, as I was not the only person who decided that it was a good time to go shopping. In fact, most of Milan apparently decided that the past week of cold rain made them realise that today was the perfect day to stock up on winter clothing... In other words, it was incredibly busy. Bjoern joined me, later, because he also needed to purchase something. He succeeded, and so did I: I bought 2 nice scarves, which made me really happy! They will be very comfortable and enjoyable.
After this small victory, I went home to rest for a bit. Tonight, there was football, so we went to a bar at the Naviglio Grande to watch the embarrassingly difficult victory of Italy over Slovenia. 2/3 of the bar was filled with Dutch people, however, so I also got live updates of how the Dutch team was doing against the Czech Republic... (excellent, that is)
And now I am home, and I will go to sleep and get ready for a day of studying tomorrow.
ciao, OJ

No comments: