Thursday, October 06, 2005

One more step to go...

Today, I started by taking Silvia to.... the Ufficio Municipale!!! It was very nice, the people were very friendly and they gave me nearly 2 hours to work on my verbs... Arriving there and hearing "There are currently 104 people waiting in line, please take a number" didn't seem so promising, but in less than 2 hours, we got our turn. And, this is the surprising bit, quite easily got me a Declaration of Residence... Only temporary, of course, because an officer of the local residential services department will come to my flat unanounced and check whether I really live there(whats he gonna do? Take fingerprints?). But I did get my conditional declaration, which now enables me to enrol at the local Medicare office! Woohoo!
After this, I went to Uni and studied. I didnt have any classes today, so I simply read a number of articles and tried to pick up on old research (Yes Mark, I will send you an email tomorrow). Tonight, I went to Michele's first night as a DJ at the Fashion Bar. Meghand and I felt it was our obligation as flatmate and girlfriend to go and see. It was quite enjoyable, actually, and there were a lot of people from the fashion school...
Btw, did I already mention that I had contact with the Consulate in Amsterdam and that they tried to send my documents, but they returned to Amsterdam as "Undelivarable". They have sent them again, last Monday, but I am worried they might never arrive. And I do have the PhD Director's firy breath in my neck at the same time... My point is: If anyone would ever try to send me anything, please let me know in advance... (which reminds me, Amazon's replacement DVD, which was sent because the previous one was stolen at the post, arrived yesterday... Woohoo)

ciao, OJ

No comments: