Thursday, September 22, 2005

You have now qualified for the next level: Post Office

I started my day with a lovely visit to Questura, now having all the papers I needed. Or so I thought... Unfortunately my Health Insurance Card (which is issued only for being abroad) is not accepted as a proof of insurance. In Dutch it says "this is your card to show you have insurace while you are abroad". In English, German, French and Spanish it says "This is your insurance card". The conclusion is that the police officer at the Questura did not believe me that it would give me cover in Italy. I need to show my policy itself. Which is in Dutch, so I cant show him. So I need to show the E111 form, which the Dutch company won't issue, because I already have the card... So I went home after this mildly disappointing result of waiting for an hour (only one hour, so thats good). After staying home for a while, I went to Uni to have lunch and follow a class by Mr. Maffezoli...
By now, I had decided to get a so-called "emergency insurance" in Italy, which would replace the necessity for a Dutch insurance policy. So I went, as I had been told, to a post office. They had no idea what I was saying, because it was in English. So I went to another post office. Overhere, they did not have a clue what I was saying, because they didnt understand why I wanted to get insurance at a post office (I didnt understand either, but I was told this was the way to go). Subsequently I went to a third post office, and here was someone who knew what I was saying. She finally gave me the form to sign in with, and the phone number I have to call how much it costs. After I find out, I can fill it in and return to the post office to pay for it (Yes. It is the standard studnt policy, for which this entire thing was made in the first place: why the f**k do you not know what it costs?????????). After I will have returned here, I will be able to go to Questura again, which will enable me to go to Ufficio Municipale again, so I can request public insurance at ASL. I am starting to have a feeling, it is personal.
Tonight, I went out with my PhD friends for Aperitivo and sat in front of the church afterwards, drinking beer... It was fun.
ciao, OJ

No comments: