Friday, September 09, 2005

Once upon a time in the South

Today I went to the University, where I wanted to visit the PhD office. That was not an easy task, and it took about an hour before I finally found the correct office. I was told I did not need a Permisso di Soggiorno (permission to stay), but should get a codice fiscale (fiscal code) asap. So I went to the Fiscal Office, where I was told to return at 8AM tomorrow, so I will. They also said that I only needed a passport and a copy of my passport. I find this all quite strange, because I had heard a Permisso di Soggiorno was a necessary prerequisite before getting anything else done! I'll see tomorrow....
Obviously I could not arrange much else, because to open e.g. a bank account, I do need a codice fiscale. So I went to the shops instead and bought new speakers for my computer and a webcam. Now everyone can communicate with my via my webcam. Or via Skype, which I also installed...
Tonight, I invited my friend Nina over, whom I have known since Highschool and who also lives in Milano. We had aperitivo at my place and went out for dinner at Naviglio. Lovely cocktails, with some food to the side (Does it make sense that huge cocktails are only 5 or 6 euros and you get buffet free food with it, while after 10pm the food disappears and the cocktails become more expensive????) I didnt think it was very logical... And I still think its not.
ciao everyone,
OJ
PS Look what my Mother sent me: A picture from my graduation...:

And she also sent me a picture of my niece and nephew, Leah and Daan:

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Can We Now Start Some Rumors About Google's Plans For An Interplanetary Network?
Through the ups and downs of the internet boom and bust, many people wondered why Vint Cerf remained at Google, hacking away at his idea for the interplanetary internet .
Links to Profit and HealthecommerceWays to profit and ecommerce items

Esther said...

Hi OJ, how annoying that all those people are spamming your blog!! Hope you have a great time, just hold on untill all the paperwork is done, then it can only get better! Very cute picture of your nephew and niece :) Hope to talk to you soon,

Esther

Anonymous said...

Yo Olaf,

Zier er naar uit dat we door de zelfde bureaucratische shit heen moeten. Voor een visa moet je je studentenkaart hebben voor je telefoon je visa en voor je visa 6000 pasfoto's, nog meer stempels en nog heel erg veel meer geduld.

Maar je hebt het vast goed daar in Italie...

Zal je weblog volgen en spreek je wel weer op msn of via skype.

zaidian
Pieter

Anonymous said...

he olaf
leuke foto's en ik ben zo blij dat ik rood haar zie! :) al die doemscenario's over uitsterven enzo. kwatsch!