Saturday, September 24, 2005

Clarification etc.

I guess I should clarify what I was trying to write yesterday. I actually forgot I had tried to write anything until I saw it just now. It does explain why I had such a terrible hang-over today though....
As I said, I went to the post office yesterday to take care of my insurance papers. But the lady in question, who is guarding the post office and whose only job is to make sure no-one actually makes it to any of the desks, wouldnt let me in. She lost her English-speaking skills overnight and kept on shouting at me in Italian that I should call the insurance company to ask what the price of a one-year policy is, even though she had it written down in front of her... She simply refused to actually tell me... I did indeed, as I said, lose control in the end, cursed her, cursed all Italians, told her she was a bitch and was then not-so-kindly asked to leave the premises.
Oops.
Today my classes started at 9AM, which meant I had to get up at 7.30... This was a challenging task, considering the amounts of alcohol I consumed yesterday. But at 12.30 lunchtime started so I could have a sleep for 1 1/2 hours in the park. After this, I felt much better and managed to make my way to yet another post office. This time, however, I took my secret weapon: Silvia. And with my secret weapon present, it was not problem at all to get the insurance and arrange all that in less than half an hour. So I am now an insured man. Which should be the last barrier I had to take before being able to go to the Questura again to get my residence permit. We'll see.
Probably, if I make it on Monday, they'll have changed the rules and now require every person that comes to the Questura to wear something Red... And I dont have a Something Red...
But anyways, after my victory at the post office, it was time for a final lecture between 16.30 and 18 o'clock. After this, I was completely done for. So I have had a quiet evening at home and ignored all invitations to parties and celebrations.... Of course the main reason for this is the fact that tomorrow: FEDOR WILL ARRIVE!!!! I am soooooooooo looking forward to it. We are going to have a big BBQ tomorrow night on the terrace and we're gonna do lots of other cool things... I cant wait!
ciao, OJ

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Rita Pushes Blogs, Rich Maps to Forefront
Hurricane Rita Pushes Blogs, Podcasts and Rich Maps to Forefront of Media's Efforts Ed Rappaport, deputy director of the National Hurricane Center, draws an arrow of projected path of Hurricane Rita as it ...
Hi, I was just blog surfing and found you! If you are interested, go see my related site.

daily pay It isnt all

that special but you may still find something of interest.

Esther said...

Hi OJ, great you finally beat the post office and have insurance. Say hi for me to Fedor and have a great time together!

xxxxxxx said...

Hi Olaf,

The last line in the previous posts... consider it redundant ;-)

Anyway, great that you've managed to obtain insurance. Now, the residence permit is to become your goal for the coming two weeks?

Don't shock catholic, prudent Italy too much with Fedor, but do have a good time together.

Gerwin

Anonymous said...

hoe was't met fedor? leuk (lang??) weekend gehad?
grusse over daar