Wednesday, September 07, 2005

5 Long Hard Days...

In the past few days, I have finalised all my arrangements in Ollanda and have moved to Milano today... Saturday, we went out with my whole family for an absolutely amazing dinner at a restaurant called Villa Sasso in Groningen... Afterwards, I had my final night out in Groningen. We went to the Internet Cafe, where Jochen was working and to the Golden Arm afterwards. It was a great night out and I was rather drunk in the end... Fedor and I stayed with Jorryt, which was very pleasant. On Sunday, Fedor and I travelled to Nijmegen, with an absolutely humongous amoung of luggage. Of course, this was exactly the day that the Railway people decided they should work on the track, so instead of 1 change at Zwolle, we had to change 5 times (Beilen into a bus, Hoogeveen into a train, Zwolle into another train, Dieren into a bus again and Arnhem back into the bloody train). We finally made it and had a lovely time at Fedors mother's house.
Monday morning I got up early to go to the Italian consulate again in Amsterdam. After waiting for an hour I could see someone. But there was something wrong in the paperwork: my list of grades was missing!!! The last time I saw it was when I gave it to the staff at the Groningen court of Justice, who had to sign it... And now it was missing. So I travelled from Amsterdam to Groningen and when I arrived at the Courthouse the lady immediately said the staffmember working on Friday had forgotten to return this particular document... Obviously, I was very relieved to have gotten it back, but it also pissed me off very badly that something like that can go wrong!!! After a little rant at the staff, I returned to Nijmegen, having spent 6 1/2 hours of that day in the bloody train!!!
Tuesday morning, I went to the embassy for the fourth time this week. And finally (at the last moment), everything was actually complete and after leaving some more money, I will receive the necessary documents asap. At least, the consulate people will be able to send them to Italy, so I do not have to pick them up or anything in Amsterdam... After returning to Amsterdam, Fedor and I had a lovely picknick in the park and at night, we went to the "De Ontmoeting" tapas restaurant in Nijmegen: simply lovely.
This morning, Fedor brought me to Eindhoven airport and we had an emotional goodbye there. Of course, he will visit in only 2 1/2 weeks, but it is still quite a shock to have to say goodbye like this...
In Milano, it turned out that the weather is quite a bit worse than it was back home. It is only 22 degrees and completely cloudy. This is also the reason why I will not show pictures yet of the house and my room. It looks better with sunny weather...
Well, now everyone is up to date. I promise to post more often now that I am in Milano. This is quite easy, because I have an internet connection at home now... One final comment: since when are weblogs targeted by spam??? (see comments on previous post)

ciao,
OJ

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hmz.... Weard comment.....

Ok, Hey OJ. Nice to hear you had to work hard for once ;-)

Adapted my Blog to fit your 800x600 screenstandard.... so it should view easyer now.

We'll keep in touch! (forummen :-D)

Jorryt