Friday, September 02, 2005

The Italian Consulate

Today I got up at 6.15 to go to the Consluate again in Amsterdam. What happened at the train station, should have already been a sign that this was not going to be a good day. Trains leaving Groningen towards the South depart at XX.17 o'clock every hour (and another time as well). However, I now know this does not actually go for the 7AM train, because that one departs at 07.14 o'clock, 3 minutes earlier... It left when I walked onto the platform. Oh well, this should have been a sign this was not going to be a good day.
When I arrived at the Italian consulate I obviously had to wait for half an hour first. This is normal and I do not care. However, when I did get to speak to someone, it turned out that the information I received was not completely correct and I had to go somewhere else first. In fact, I had to go to the IBG-office... In Groningen... So I returned to the trainstation, missed the train again, waited for half an hour and returned to Groningen to visit the IBG (by now, it was 14 o'clock). THis actually went very smoothly and I received the necessary paperwork without problems for only 12 euros. I then had to go to the Groningen Court, where I received a particular stamp (for 30 euros).
Now I (hope I) am completely ready for the bloody consulate, which I will visit again on Monday...
I am not happy.

OJ

PS I am famous!!!

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Media Shop Turns To Blogosphere To Predict Fate Of Fall TV Lineup
MEDIA SHOP INITIATIVE MEDIA IS promoting a new analytic tool that it says will assess online buzz for the new fall TV lineup.
I Like Your Blog.You have done a Grand Job.

FIND OVER 1 MILLION PRODUCTS

At Low Factory WHOLESALE Prices in the U.S.
and Around the World!
From The Best Manufacturers, Exporters,
Wholesalers, Drop-Shippers and More!
Profit from selling Thousands of Products.

http://www.massivesavings4u.com

Come and check it out if you get time :-)

Anonymous said...

Poor, poor, Olaf. I have been advised to hire a professional agent for my Indonesia visa, but I would not have guessed that the Italian embassy (EU, after all) would make that much problems. Couldn't you make them an offer they could not refuse (capice?)?

Gerwin

Esther said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Esther said...

Hi OJ, this sounds terrible! Does the AL ECUD clan has to step in and take over? We'll be glad to help :D

Anonymous said...

he olaf.
tis toch helemaal weer goed gekomen met jou en de benodigde instanties toch? want anders zit je een beetje illegaal te zijn in milano :).
en idd: je bent bekend!

Anonymous said...

de laatste anonymous ben ik, Janine :)