Friday, September 09, 2005

A Wet Day in Milano

This morning I got up early enough to make it to the Fiscal Office at 7.45. By that time there was already a cueue and I finally received number 18. By 9.45 it was finally my turn, and it turned out to be extremely easy to receive a codice fiscale. The lady in question could have done it in about 2 minutes. It took her 15 minutes, but that is only because she kept on walking away to do other things etc. After this, I stepped into the pissing rain again to go to a bank. Opening a bank account seemed challenging, but was not actually very difficult in the end.
All this was close to my home, so I went home for a break. And to wait until the weather would improve a little bit and the rain would stop pissing down. Going to the University did, however, turn into another Water Ballet! I arranged my stuff there, which was surprising... An interesting feature about the "education coordinator PhD, mainly foreigners" was her lack of English skills... And when I asked about the possibilties of following an Italian course, she looked at me as if I was completely mad!!! This was not really a problem of course, but it did make me wonder, obviously.
I also, finally, got a new mobile phone. It wasnt cheap, but it was necessary. This also means I have a new mobile number as can be seen in my MSN. Tonight I went out for Aperitivo with some of the new PhD students. Unfortunately there were only few of us, but on Monday we'll do this properly. I got home around 23.30 and my flatmates had friends over. So we had some fun, but I finally decided not to go out with them, because I am simply too tired. Which reminds me, I am going to bed:
ciao, OJ

No comments: