Thursday, March 23, 2006

Fedors visit...

Due to Fedors visit, I didnt have much time to write more on my blog... But now he's gone, so I can update again! Tuesday morning, I went to classes and Fedor met me at Uni for lunch. Afterwards, we went to the Palazzo Reale to visit the Helmut Newton exhibition that was taking place. It was definitely an interesting exhibition: Nudes and Landscapes... But I was happy we didnt have to pay the full price of nine euros, because it wasnt actually very big. But it was enjoyable enough (and it was our daily portion of Culture). Afterwards, we visited another church, because we got the hang of doing churches when Lars and Niels were here! At night, we chilled out a bit, after going for a quick nice aperitivo.
On Wednesday, we had planned to go and visit another place. Of course, Como was on the agenda, but the predictions for the weather werent very great, so instead we went to Pavia. The weather turned out to be very lovely, and we had a lovely time in Pavia. It is an interesting place... A bit of a dump in many ways (many churches that were half-fallen apart and closed to the public), but it did have a nice atmosphere to it. The Castello was also nice, even if it was completely deserted by tourists etc. At the end of the afternoon, we went back to Milano.
This morning, I brought Fedor to the bus at 8AM and went to Uni straight afterwards. As I have a lot of visitors around this time, my studying time becomes rather compressed. So I worked on a problem set (and went to a class) until 21.30 afterwards. After all, tomorrow Esther will arrive, so I have to do the Milano-Tour again!
The domestic situation isnt improving much. The Antagonist is moving out (good riddance), but Meghan will also move out (Michele and Meghan have broken up), which is very unfortunate of course! But then again, I will only be here for another few months and I am hardly ever at home anyway, so I dont really care that much!
I also realised today that the weather predictions for Milano are extremely unreliable. Spring is definitely starting (about 18 degreest today), but different websites give very different predictions. According to Meteo.it, the temperature will continue to increase and reach 27 degrees on Tuesday. Weather Underground, on the other hand, predicts the weather to worsen to about 13 degrees on Tuesday!!! Seriously, two predictions about the same day and the same city to be 14 degrees apart! That isnt normal, right? Oh well, shit happens... I will finish with some of the Pavian pictures...
Ciao,
OJ


2 comments:

Marieke said...

Nice pics!

Between brackets, I thinks the right word is 'weather forecast'..

Ciao!
Marieke

OJ said...

Well, Marieke. They are so completely random that they do not appear to be forecasts at all. They are more predictions. Or guesses....... :D