Sunday, March 26, 2006

Esthers visit

Friday morning, I went to Uni early, in order to make sure I could get some work done, before my classes (starting at 11). Because after the classes, I had to go to Station immediately to pick up Esther. She was rather unlucky with the weather, because it turned out to be raining. She had had to wait for me for a while, but apparently enjoyed herself with the locals...
After going to my place and looking around town a little, we went for aperitivo at the Navigli. Saturday morning, we obviously had to go to the market, as I always do. In the afternoon, it was time to go to the Cimitero Monumentale. The weather had become much, much better, so we had a lovely stroll around. Later on, in the Duomo, we encountered the Duomo Choir. Well, I am not one for religious stuff, generally, but the Church Choir in Duomo was very, very impressive, I must admit...

As it was the Notte Bianco (and the spring festival), there was a lot going on around town. So at night, we met up with a bunch of my friends. We listened to t.a.t.u. and Laura Pausini, who were performing at the Italian Music awards that were being awarded at the Duomo. Afterwards, we strolled towards the Castello, where we listened to some more music. At around 2AM we went home again.
After all, we wanted to get up reasonably early, to be able to go to Como. And yes, I FINALLY managed to evade the bad-weather-curse that Como seems to have for me. The weather was absolutely gorgeous, and we both got a bit of a sunburn... We walked by the lake, took the tram up the mountain and walked for some more overtere: it was lovely. Tonight, we were happy to be home though and decided to chill out for a bit... Tomorrow, I have to study, though, so Esther will have to entertain herself for a bit (which shouldnt be a problem, as the weather is expected to be lovely again!)
Note: I was going to post some lovely Como pictures here, but I seem to be unable to upload any. I will try to address the problem and post them later...
Ciao,
OJ

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hi Darling,

Finally Como!!!!

Groeten van je hardwerkende dames in de UB. Nicole, Nynke en Dree