Tuesday, February 07, 2006

The Good. And the Bad

Wow, I was damned productive yesterday. And I watched an amazing movie: And The Band Played On. Very heavy, but also very interesting.
Today, I was very unproductive (to compensate for yesterday) and had a little Italy-is-bad-day... First, I was going to have class at 11. At 10.30, my friend Fernanda comes in to ask why she was the only one in class at 9? So I (and others) were very surprised, because the class was scheduled for 11. After some research, it turned out to be a miscommunication between the different University Bureacracies. The teacer thought the class was at 9. The students thought it was at 11. And Fernanda was simply confused and went to class at the wrong time. But the (rather odd) conclusion to the story is that the teacher is pissed off with the students and he refuses to teach the same lecture another time. I thought this was weird.
My second little frustration today was my attempt to finally register with the Italian Medicare, named ASL. I went to their office (with Giovanna, to translate), but now it turns out that the Municipality lied to me and their temporary registration is not good enough. Apparently I need my official Milano ID card to be able to register with ASL. However, the official Milano ID Card was supposedly sent to me 3 months ago. So either it wasnt (but the Municipality bureaucracy would never admit that) or it was simply lost in the Post again.
Conclusion: I cannot register with ASL.
The final frustration is the fact that we are supposed to receive a problem set today (and I have not got a lot of time to work on it, because there will be many a visitor next week), but it is, as always, late!!! That is simply annoying.
On a more positive note, my scholarship arrived. So I can actually do groceries again and stuff! And I received a postcard from my parents who are in New Zealand (why does mail from New Zealand only take a week and actually arrives, when mail from Europe is always lost or delayed??? That is weird, isnt it?)
ciao,
OJ

No comments: