Monday, February 20, 2006

ABN

Went to Uni at 8.45 this morning. Got home at 21 o clock. Mainly studying, but also a lecture. Met some of the new visiting students. 2 (independent) Poles, named Dominic and Dominica: what are the chances, I ask you... But they are cool.
Afterwards I went home again.
At home, there was a letter waiting from ABN AMRO. Seriously, I just dont understand banks, I guess. The whole story: 3 months ago I was told that I should get a new bank card. No reason (my old one was valid for another 2 or 3 years): I simply had to. The card didnt arrive, however, and I contacted the bank. They then cancelled the card that had been sent and told me to request a new one. Once more, I said I didnt want a new one because my old one was working fine... But I should order one anyway. I then received a letter I should sign and send back. Of course the return enevelope could only be posted in NL (inconvenient). I was then charged for the new card, because I had personally requested a new one and it wasnt a bank order!
After I emailed about this, they told me I should simply call them about it (for 2 euros a minute, never mind: I will pay the charge). Now today I received the card. In the accompanying letter, it is explained that there 2 ways to activate it: (1) simply use the card anywhere (in NL or abroad) and it works on your old PIN. Or (2), contact ABN (1 euro a minute) and after some questions they might activate it with the PIN number I will receive separately.
Obviously (1) is 10 times more convenient and cheap for me, as well as the bank, then option (2). So therefore the bank decided that I should use option (2) and contact the bank separately with the new PIN number which will be sent separately (and probably gets lost in the mail). Seriously, why does ABN AMRO make things so fcking complicated????
Ciao,
OJ
PS How many have you been too??? I have done 18 out of 100 (and I will hopefully do the 11 in Italy reasonably soon as well)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Told you so, ABN is the worst bank ever :D

F*ck banks...... let's all start saving money in our old socks.... :D or under the matrass :D:D