Wednesday, November 30, 2005

I luv Banca Intesa

I got up really early today, to make sure I would have enough time at Banca Intesa to arrange all I wanted to arrange. Unfortunately, the lady who normally helps me (Ms Fazio, but whats in a name?), lost the ability to speak English. So she had no idea what I was talking about when I asked about the possibilities of borrowing money, either as student or as normal person. A translating customer explained that I should simply have a look on a special site on the internet. So when I got to Uni, I did so. And, I know it sounds strange, it went really well. As far as I have understood it now, I am simply waiting for the confirmation that I am really who I claim to be (a PhD student at Bocconi etc) and then I will probably be eligible to get a 15 thousand euro loan. Under very favourable conditions, even... So maybe my money worries will soon be solved...
Tonight, we went out for dinner with all the 1st and most of the 2nd year PhDs, paid by the University. Great initiative, although I didnt actually stay long in the end... And finally, I received a present from Fedor today: Thank you, darling... Another one of those great Amazon features, the fact that you can simply order what a person wants and have it wrapped and delivered to them... And Fedor knew exactly what to get me, so I am very happy!!!!
ciao,
OJ

PS While enjoying my apparent success with Banca Intesa, I have a feeling that ABN AMRO is simply going mad. I now apparently have an account team, of which the manager called me yesterday to arrange some things with me. I didnt even know I had an account manager!!! The completely incompetent clerk that served me in Groningen in August apparently forgot to tell me that (just like he forgot to file all his paperwork that day, because none of the things I arranged with him, and of which I have the proof, actually came through...). Oh well, I will settle with an Italian bank instead...

No comments: