Saturday, November 05, 2005

Artichokes.

After working all day yesterday (on some research from Holland) I went home reasonably early. At 6PM. On my way home I FINALLY finished reading Gianbattista Vicco's New Science... Oh My God, it was a horrible struggle. I think I spent about 5 weeks on those 490 pages. It was a serious struggle. Funnily enough, all the Italians that have seen me read it told me: "Are you nuts, I cant even read that in Italian... What the fuck do you think you're doing!!!" And they were mostly right... But I I read it anywyay, because I received it as a graduation present and I thought I should...
At home, it turned out that a Meghans friend Emma was coming over, and that Michele had cooked a lovely meal. This was all very lovely, of course, but I didnt stay too long, because I had downloaded some more things I wanted to watch.
Today was another day of muggy, depressive weather. But we sort of met with the entire house at around midday and agreed to make a house outing to the market. Michele finally didnt make it, so the 3 of us went together. Bought some lovely things for a great meal tomorrow (I am finally able to make my artichokes, something I have planned for each and every Xmas in the past years, but its always the wrong season). I am really looking forward to it. Tonight has just been a quiet real relaxing night, with finishing the laundry etc. (our washing machine has now broken down in such a way that it washes, but thats it. In other words: everything is soaking wet when it comes out. Extremely impractical when it is muggy and foggy all day long...)
Finally, here are a few more pictures from Halloween.
ciao,
OJ


No comments: