Thursday, June 01, 2006

Hospital

Finally I received the good news yesterday about the date of the operation. It will take place June 8 (next Thursday). Which should enable me to make my field exam on the 14th, I hope...
Last night, I had some visitors, which was very pleasant. It was good to hear some news from Uni and to see some people. Of course, it was also great to receive the book I ordered on Amazon and that was delivered at Uni, but I shouldnt add that.
This morning, however, I had to get up quite early, because I had to be in the Hospital at 7.30 for "my exam". This "exam", as it is referred to by any of the english-speaking staff at the hospital, was a pre-operative examination where they tested my heart and blood, etc. It took long (2 hours) and completely knocked me out for the rest of the day, but at least I got it over with. It did face me again with the annoying habit of old people to jump the queue. I mean, seriously, it is a hospital. We are all sick: There is NO reason for you elderly to jump the queue on basis of being "ill and stuff". It just doesnt make sense to make young people wait longer, even though they might also be rather uncomfortable...
In other news, Mona Lisa has spoken!!!!
Ciao,
OJ

2 comments:

xxxxxxx said...

Quite on the contrary: old people last less longer than youngsters do, and thus the risk of increased illness is more welfare-decreasing for youngsters.

Furthermore, youngsters have a higher per unit value of time currently and thus, again, should be allowed to jump a queue instead of the elderly.

Finally, in everyday life these older people seem to take things slowly so it is quite inconsistent of them to demand immediate help in a hospital context.

Just because they fucked up the world for us youngsters, they think they can do as they want, and ask for respect and stuff, but no... it's time for revolution!

(same argument holds when you read 'the poor' instead of 'the elderly').

Anonymous said...

Interesting website with a lot of resources and detailed explanations.
»