Monday, May 29, 2006

Vote "Dario Fo"

Today was the definite highlight of the week: I got to vote!!!
There were municipal elections yesterday and today, and with Micky's help, I managed to cast my vote for the Milano municipality. Obviously, I voted for the candidate in whose campaign team Micky has been working the past weeks. The other good thing was the fact that my voting station was really, really close (on the way to the supermarket). And it was an interesting experience, anyway!
As for the results, they are not so good. Most of the cities have had great victories for the leftwing, but Milan will probably stay in the claws of the right. Not surprising of course, but there was some hope for a moment. The first exit polls said it was 49 against 49, but by now it has gone up to 51 against 47. So, unfortunately, it isnt gonna happen. And I also dont know whether my candidate came in or not...
Ciao,
OJ

No comments: