Tuesday, May 09, 2006

Medical shit in Italy

Well, during the weekend, Fedor and I were able to enjoy some more fabulous weather, but this morning he left to go back to Holland again... The rain gods were crying that he was leaving too: we had a horrific thunderstorm all night and morning as a result of it! Now, more seriously though: Monday, I had to visit my new GP (family doctor), who turned out to be a very sweet lady who spoke fluent English and turned out to be very competent and all. She established (as I expected) that I have a Inguinal Hernia (aka "liesbreuk"), which kind of sucks... I had been having trouble for a while, but the past week or so the troubles were getting significantly worse (as in the inability to walk properly). The doctor told me to get my hospital appointments to have it all checked out, which I expected to take weeks or months. However, when Micky called the hospital-phone, it turned out that everything could be arranged very quickly. In fact, today I have had an ultrasound made and tomorrow I will see the surgeon in the hospital. I expect to know the date of the operation straight after that... The ultrasound today was not quite as good an experience as the doctor yesterday. Apparently, I should have magically known that I was supposed to arrive before 15.00 in order to pay for the ultrasound, even though my appointment was at 16.00. The cash register was closing at 15.00, however...
So I finally did have the ultrasound made, but have to go back tomorrow to pay for being allowed to take the results!
Anyways, before people get too worried: I have trouble walking and standing, but am fine for the rest. It is mostly inconvenient. Especially because I have an important exam coming up on Monday... But I guess I will survive...
Ciao,
OJ

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Very pretty design! Keep up the good work. Thanks.
»

Anonymous said...

Nice idea with this site its better than most of the rubbish I come across.
»