Monday, May 22, 2006

Boredom

Dottoressa Piattoni (Doctor Large Plates) decided this morning that I indeed needed a bit of help. She didnt even need a lot of convincing to start making a few phone calls, which finally resulted in a slightly improved situation. Her friend, who happens to be the head nurse of the department that will operate me, promised her that my operation will take place on or before June 8. Which is better than the second half of June I heard before, I guess. I am not entirely happy about it, but that date has a number of advantages: First, I will be able to do my first field exam stress-free, as it will be on June 14. Second, During that week, Fedor will also be here, so I will have someone to take care of me. Obviously, that is always nice... So I guess, I will just have to accept lying at home for another 2 weeks or so. As the Italians would say: boh. The only thing is that I am getting so damned bored. Even the internet starts losing its charm after so many hours. And the last day or two, the weather has been cosi cosi, as well. Stuffy, hot and cloudy: not very good for tanning...
Oh well, to put it in an appropriate way: Shit Happens. Not much to do about it, I guess.
Ciao,
OJ

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh, you poor thing... I hope the surgery will take place soon and you'll get better quickly!! As one day I WILL come over and then you'll have to do excessive sightseeing with me :-)!
Big hug,
Frau

Anonymous said...

I really enjoyed looking at your site, I found it very helpful indeed, keep up the good work.
»