Saturday, May 06, 2006

Long time no post

I realise it has been quite a long time since I have posted. This is obviously due to Fedor's visit, with whom I have simply been too busy (and distracted) to write regularly. Mainly, I have been occupied with 3 things: Studying, travelling and being ill.
Tuesday and Wednesday, we spent at University, both studying. Monday in a week, I will have an important exam and Fedor just had to work on his normal courses. So those days, we worked in unison on our respective purposes. At night, we mostly chilled out and just watched some movies. At the same time, however, I also realised that the physical discomfort I have been having recently was getting worse. Finally, I decided to go on the internet and diagnose myself. I have done so and will see my doctor on Monday to confirm my own diagnosis (and I will tell you the outcome afterwards. But it will probably include an operation... NOT GOOD).
Thursday Morning, we got up early and travelled to Venezia. We arrived in the beautiful gorgeous city at 11AM and spent the rest of the day walking around (and boating around). The hotel we stayed in was a tiny thing near Piazza San Marco and was very cheap. Our room was the size of a double bed, but it did have an outdoor terrace the same size. So that was perfect!
The city is simply amazing, as you will be able to see on the photos below, but my inability to walk properly didnt really help. The next day we travelled to another (semi-deserted) island with all the other tourists (tourist-venetian ratio is about 100:1), which was pretty too. At the end of the day, we travelled back to Milano and went to bed exhausted. Today, we have only been to the market and the supermarket and are spending the rest of the day at home. I am not really mobile anymore until I see the doctor, so we dont really have a choice.
Now, photos from Venezia!
Ciao,
OJ




2 comments:

Esther said...

Very nice pictures, but not so nice that you cannot walk properly anymore. I hope the doctor can help you quickly (even if it includes a surgery, which sounds rather scary). Have a very nice time with Fedor and hope you feel better soon!

xxxxxxx said...

Doing Venice with this lies-thing (not as in the English lies but as in the Dutch, for I have no dictionnary available)... I can imagine what a troubling time you've gone through. But Venice is awesome indeed; having this boat trip alongside old dirty stuff and then finally reaching the main island seeing the places where all these famous pictures were shot (I have my private series as well), great!