Wednesday, June 14, 2006

Still in bed...

Every day, I am getting a little better. By now, as long as I am lying down not doing anything, I hardly feel any pain at all. Walking more than 3 steps still hurts as hell, but there is gradual improvement. Not so much in my mood though, because the temperature has been rising steadily and I have been dying of the heat in bed... Doesnt make me happy. Also doesnt really help for my studying skills, which I have ben trying to employ!
Monday morning, I paid another visit to the hospital. Didnt go very well. Mainly because I had so much pain that I couldnt think properly anymore and my regular surgeon wasnt there: only some grumpy old guy who spoke no English. Not a pleasant experience, at all...
Monday night, however, my friends Idil and Dominica came over to cook for me. It was great to see them again and to hear the latest gossip, of course. And today, Giovanna and Silvia visited, so I could hear some more news. Amongst other things, I heard the news about the field exam today that I was supposed to make...
For the rest, I dont have much to say: not much is happening around my bed so I dont have much to tell either. Except of course that I am very happy that WE (Holland/Italy) are doing so well on the World Cup. I follow all the matches by MatchCast, or on the Dutch radio if they broadcast it: I am starting to become a connoiseur without actually seeing a single match!!!!
Ciao,
OJ

2 comments:

xxxxxxx said...

't Is stil in bed, zeg maar. ;-)

Esther said...

Thinking about you Down Under. Hope you'll be able to enjoy the weather from outside your bed soon, very soon! Hug