Tuesday, January 17, 2006

Some days, one should just stay in bed...

Seriously... I dont like the typical whining Dutchie, but today I think I am allowed to complain a little... I had the shittiest day in a very very long time (worse than last Friday).
This morning, my computer suddenly crashed (which it does regularly, so nothing strange there), but when it had restarted, it had lost all its settings. I managed to recover My Documents (THANK GOD), but lost all my computer settings, including all my internet links, passwords, desktop items, installed programmes etc, etc. I was not happy.
I then went to University, but quickly wanted to activate my new Dutch bank card. Of course, the new card was then immediately swallowed by the cash machine. I complained about it, was referred to someone else, was re-referred to someone else and after half an hour told to come back later... All this time I was in a terrible hurry, because I had an appointment at University. I was NOT HAPPY.
My appointment at Uni was at ISU (some organisation which is involved in student finances, and also somehow involved in my loan-thing). Mr Ranieri, who asked me to come and see him welcomed me to his office and casually mentions that a mistake has been made in my loan application. It should not have been granted. Because Bocconi only has arrangements for its Master students, and not the PhDs...

WHAT????

EXCUSE ME??? YOU HAVE GOT TO BE FUCKING KIDDING ME!!!!!

was my approximate response, after I recovered from my mild heart attack. "Oh, would that be a problem for you?" WHAT???? Why would I want to get the fucking loan in the first place, if I didnt desparately need the fucking money???

Well, the end of the story is that my loan will be cancelled (basically saying that I have to pay back money I have already used to pay off another loan with). But Mr Fcking Ranieri was going to try and look for me whether he could find any other kind of financing, after I told him that I would probably have to drop out if I didnt get a loan (which is not entirely sure of course, but it isnt possible to live of 820 euros a month in Milano). I WAS VERY VERY VERY UNHAPPY.

I finally did get my bank card back though, after going there with someone else. And I also know the reason why it was taken in: I was sent a card in the beginning of December, but had it blocked because it still hadnt arrived 1 1/2 week ago. And I then requested a new card. A few days ago, a card arrived, so I figured this was the new card, but I now know this was actually the card sent in the beginning of December, which simply took about 6 weeks to arrive. Makes sense, right? I did get confirmation from ABN AMRO that I requested a new card though. But now they ask me to send a written confirmation that I want a new card... But of course, their envelopes cannot be used abroad... Seriously, why have Internet banking, if you are going to ask for written confirmation of everything anyway? To say this in the famous words of Van Gaal: "ben ik nou zo slim, of zijn jullie zo dom?"
I AM NOT HAPPY!

And I was hoping to recover my computer now, but it seems a rather tedious and large task. So I will join my friends for Aperitivo soon and simply try to forget all about this mess that my life suddenly turned into.
ciao,
OJ

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Some people just have to be tortured, shot in every body part as long is it is not lethal and then slowly, painfully suffocated to death! Or maybe just kept under water just long enough they aren't drowned, allowed one breath and then held under water again - which should be repeated infinitely! Those people are called Italians...

I can't tell you how much I am sorry for you, but I can tell you how angry I'm for you, how much I would like to kill them and how much I care for you. Don't these people ever stop messing around? You know, if this goes on, I'm going to have regrets about about Munich next year...