Thursday, January 19, 2006

The Day After

OK, I have decided I will not think about my financial situation anymore (but if anybody knows anyone at ABP Pension fund, tell them they owe me 500 euros! And I need it now).
I am not sure whether I mentioned this already, but I passed my Corporate Finance. With a C (in Dutch: 6), which is worse than expected. After all, the only reason for picking this course for most people was the fact that it was supposed to be extremely easy. With one B, one B- (Dutch: 7) and 2 fails and for the rest Cs, this was definitely an underestimation! But I dont really care, because I passed...
Furthermore, the new quarter has started, with some "interesting courses". Today I had the first course in "International Fiscal Policy and Economic Integration". The main features of this course are the fact that it has nothing to do with either of these things (its a course in Migration Economics) and the fact that the teacher is absolutely shit. His English is shit, he was completely unprepared, taught at primary school level and doesnt understand English. Do I even need to mention he is Italian? Again, like with so many of the really shitty teachers here, he is actually a good researcher... But his teaching is shit. And his course is pretty awful too. But as the potential substitute course has been cancelled, it is actually compulsory... (for the field of Public Economics, which according to the teacher has nothing to do with his course...)
After his double lecture, I continued my Leontief research this afternoon. And tonight, I watched The Day After (1983), which is an absolutely amazing movie (but not for the faint-hearted, I might add).
ciao,
OJ

4 comments:

Esther said...

He OJ, van harte met het halen van je tentamen! Dan wel niet helemaal met het cijfer dat je hoopte, maar je kunt nu eenmaal niet alles hebben natuurlijk. Sterkte met de Italiaanse docenten!

OJ said...

Essie, I dont really care. I didnt like the course, slept during the lectures and only studied for a day.... Did I really deserve to pass? Maybe not... ;-)

Anonymous said...

Studied for a day???? You....

Well, without us around.... atleast you had that day to study!!! No one to apply peer pressure and push you into binge drinking the night before your exam :-)

Jorryt

xxxxxxx said...

You should see it from a different perspective (I try to build an image of arrogance, lately; if you want to copy that behaviour this might be a good suggestion):

If the course is that easy to pass, it doesn't deserve you.