Wednesday, December 28, 2005

Long post...

Wow, I realise it has been nearly a week since I posted last... I apologise. But I have simply been too busy to do so. Obviously, I had Jorryt and Lilian over for 5 days, which was a lot of fun. We strolled through the city a lot and did a LOT of sightseeing. All the main sights (xmas market, Duomo, Galleria, shops, Castello, etc, etc, etc) and we had a really good time! Very relaxing and a lot of fun. Jorryt took a lot of pictures and I will soon post a few of them on my blog, but I seem to be unable to enter his site right now...
In addition to al the sights we saw, we ate a lot. And I really mean a lot. Managed to do my first Aperitivo at the Japanese Bento Bar, which was simply awesome. And Lilian managed to survive without any bad effects. This hasnt been very easy, because she has an olive (oil) allergy. Which basically means you cant eat anything in Italy, because everything is made with olive oil... Or so I thought. But it turned out to be quite bearable. On Christmas Day I made an eight-course meal for them, which was highly appreciated (no Tuna Carpaccio unfortunately, because it was impossible to find tuna anywhere). We also shared some Christmas presents and I am now the proud owner of a pair of clog-flipflops (klompen-pantoffels)!!! Very comfy, I must say... On the 26th, Jorryt and Lilan left the country again in the morning, and Fedor arrived in the afternoon. Of course it was great to see him again, and we had another lovely xmas dinner at night. Together with Michele and Cedric. We shared some more presents and we now are the proud owners of a blowup Snowman, named Margaret and another blow-up friend named Linda... (Sponge Bob was already here)

Well, it must be understood that it was a crazy evening, even though it wasnt extremely late in the end.
Yesterday, we stayed in bed all day. Just watching movies and chilling. It was lovely. Today was supposed to be the day that we were gonna go to Uni and study. But a significant amount of snow came down during the night, so there arent any trams today. So we stayed home today as well. Doing important things, such as updating blogs and wrigin emails...
Btw, I want to lower my estimate for the amount of mail that actually arrives to 50-60%. I received fewer xmas cards than ever before (and not a single one from any family member, except my great-aunt). And as I am naturally positive and assume that at least some people I know would send me a christmas card, I assume that the rest is lost... Just like the package my mother sent to me. Also lost... Grmpf. How difficult can it be to have a working postal service? Seriously?
ciao tutti,
OJ

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hey OJ....


My contribution to the blogging thing:

http://www.jorrytnijholt.nl/blog/?postid=31