Saturday, July 01, 2006

Party Time

Well, that was an interesting exam. I predicted only 1 of the questions correctly (out of 3), unfortunately. Overall, I felt reasonably ok about the result. Let's put it this way: I have done several exams that I felt significantly worse about, and passed them anyway. So, even though it wasnt fun at all, I reckon the result isnt going to kill me.
As this was the official last day of the Field Exam period, everybody was in a great mood after finishing (I will do the resit of my other field exam, in Public Economics, on Wednesday, so I am actually not finished at all!). We first enjoyed a good lunch and I then went home to get myself organised and try to cool down (which is difficult, considering the heat!).
At night, there was of course Italy vs Ukraine in the Quarter Final of the World Cup, which was rather interfering with our supposed party to celebrate the end of the exams. But my friends had decided to watch the game in a bar next to my house, so they could come and party afterwards. Unfortunately, they arrived a bit late and the bar was completely full. So, suddenly, at 9PM (2 hours before I planned), about 15 of them suddenly arrived at my place to watch the football here!!!
Well, I can officially say it was cosy, and FCKING HOT!

After Italy had wiped Ukraine of the map, we continued the party outside. Lots of other random people showed up (friends of friends of friends), as well as Nina and Antonio. And it turned into one big booze fest! An attempt to go to a club nearby failed as a result of us not being allowed into any clubs. So we ended up returning home, where we had left Idil sleeping inside and Micky sleeping on the terrace...

All in all, it was an AWESOME party!!!
Obviously, today was not quite so awesome... In fact, today was a very bad day. But mine wasnt nearly as bad as Meghans, because she was actually moving today! She (and Micky (carried boxes and furnutre all day long in the 35+ degree heat: I do not envy them...)
Now, I am watching Bra-Fra and I will go to bed early. Because I really have to study for the Field Exam on Wednesday!
Ciao,
OJ

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Nice! Where you get this guestbook? I want the same script.. Awesome content. thankyou.
»