Thursday, July 06, 2006

FORZA AZZURRI!!!!!!!!!!!!

Crazy, crazy week. Of course, I needed to be studying hard for te first days of the week, but there was also a bit of time for other things. Firstly, I had to (get someone to) call the landlady of the flat I want: She was supposed to get in touch with me "at the end of last week", but when I hadnt heard anything by Monday, I decided it was time to call her. It turned out that she had sent me a message, which simply hadnt arrived! Unfortunately, she took the absence of any response from my side as a sign that I didnt want the flat anymore, so she started looking again. Now that I finally did get in touch with her, she had already left Milano again and made new appointments with people to come and see the appartment!!!
After clearing up this issue, I got in touch with her via e-mail (she writes very good english, it turned out: probably speaks it too), and she said she was going to make a decision about who gets the flat this week. Now, today she replied to me that we could meet up in Milano next week. I hink that implies that she principally chooses me for the flat, under the condition that she actually likes me. But I am not entirely sure.
However, in addition to this studying and the crazy flat-situation, there was also The Match: Italia-Germania... on Tuesday. We watched it in a bar at the Naviglio and when the match was finally decided (in the 119th bloody minute!), the city exploded with joy. These are two videos I found on the Internet about the celebrations in Milano:





Please note, this was the SEMIFINAL. The final will be even crazier!!! It took me a long time to get home through this madness, but of course I did need to: my final Field Exam was the next morning!
The Field Exam went reasonably. I have done better in the past, but I have also done worse. I probably did pass, although I am not 100$% sure about it.
At night, we (me and two others who did a resit) obviously had to celebrate the end of our exams. And we had to watch the other semifinal that decided who will be the opponent on Sunday (fcking French, bleeeh). So we had another aperitivo, and some beers afterwards. By this time, there were only two of us left (me and Astrid) and we decided that we want to go dancing somewhere. Unfortunately, everything turned out to be closed! We did spend a total of 75 euros on bloody taxi fare, though!!! Which really is a lot, considering how cheap taxis are here! The worst thing is that we finally did fail in finding a club to go dancing and I ended up at home at around 3.30AM.
Today, I have done my post-exam cleaning and laundry etc... Always good to make a fresh start after an exam, right?
And of course I had to clear out my mess before Kim and Ellen arrive: Tomorrow!!!
They are very lucky, as the temperature has gone down significantly. Only 28 degrees today!!!!
Ciao,
OJ

Ciao,
OJ

2 comments:

xxxxxxx said...

Italian traffic... madmen.

Anonymous said...

Hallo I absolutely adore your site. You have beautiful graphics I have ever seen.
»