Monday, July 17, 2006

Flats, flats, flats

AAAARGHHH.
Today I found out that the Bitch Landlady didnt want me: FUCK.

Of course this put me into panic mode and flathunting mode... I went to see 3 flats today. One cute little thing with a fireplace, a balcony and about 50 square meters, quite far down the Naviglio Grande: Nice, but not quite nice enough.
Another one I saw was big (55-60 square meters), nicely done, nice floors, nice balcony. But in a very bad area (Naviglio area, but not very nice), with many foreigners (and shootings etc) in the area. Also, very noisy area and a bit more expensive then other places. But even though the flat looks very nice, the thing that tipped the balance was the kitchen: Small, messy and unpleasant.
The final one I saw today, which I hope to be take was right between the Naviglio Grande and the Pta Genova Metro Station (both about 100 meters away) and is a small, very cute, flat looking out on the Naviglio Church. Located at the top floor of a central courtyard, it is in the process of renovation right now. In fact, the kitchen isnt there yet and the rooms still needs to be furnished... But it does have a great (working) fireplace and is built in such a way that the sleeping area is a large area above the bathroom and kitchen. Basically, this adds an extra 8 m2 or so to the amount of living space and then it really is not bad at all. I am very excited about this flat, and it is actually significantly nicer than the flat I finally didnt get. It is a bit more expensive (850 plus additional costs, which will add up to about 950-1000 euros), but it is very cute. And the location is simply PERFECT.
So, I am quite happy (even though I am not sure whether I will indeed get it). Btw, another little funny thing today was the fact that the current tenant of the second flat I saw will actually move to the flat I am not getting. What are the chances of that? He opened the door and said "hey, I know you. We have met..." And it turned out we met at the elevator at the Via Terulliano flat..... Freaky....
Ciao,
OJ

No comments: