Friday, July 21, 2006

Year one: done

Today I heard I passed for my Political Economics Field Exam as well!!! That means that I have finished my first year. Again, the grade wasnt great, a Pass, but in this case, I am simply happy to have passed... And to be among the minority who has passed all their courses at the first attempt!
Additionally, I went to see Laurent, the new landlord, yesterday. And we arranged some minor matters that we still had to discuss. Even though I havent actually signed the contract yet, because he needed these details first, it is all settled. And he seems like a really nice and trustworthy guy. So I am very, very happy!!! All this, of course, wouldnt have been possible without the help of my Polish friend Dominica, who speaks proper Italian and has translated a lot of times for me (and made a lot of phonecalls too!!!)
Of course, now that we are sure to have a flat, this is also an excuse to make real purchases for the house too. The (new) kitchen will not have kitchenware, which is fine, because we have it already. But, in order to survive the first month, we do need some things (our stuff wont arrive until the end of august). So I went to a fabulous shop yesterday, which happened to be in its last days of a closing down sale. And I got some brandname kitchen knives, and a pan, for practically nothing! I was momentarily doubting about the set of 3 glasses that had a 90% discount. But when I realised that 12 euros was the (after discount) price for THREE glasses, I thought better of it. I am not surprised the shop has one bankrupt, I should add...
As for the rest of the time, I spent all days at Uni doing some research. And hiding from the heat, as temperatures have now risen to the upper upper thirties (or lower forties, depending on which website you consult) and the University offices have airconditing...
Ciao,
OJ

No comments: