Friday, July 28, 2006

Bored, but HAPPY

Recently, I havent been posting much, but that is mainly because I have nothing to say. I spent my days at Uni, kinda working, but mainly hiding from the heat. I do some work, but little else. The only exciting thing I did this week was a Polish vodka night on Tuesday, which basically consisted of drinking rather copious amounts of Polish vodka. And it also reminded me how happy I was to be moving to the other part of the city, because the 45 minute walk home after the party wasnt fun. At all. Neither was trying to sleep in the horrific heat, after going to bed at 5.45AM. Didnt really work of course, so I felt fcked all day long the next day.
Furthermore, I have been preparing (psychologically and otherwise) to moving on Tuesday. I cannot wait!!!! Well actually, I cannot wait till the moment that I have actually finished moving. I hate moving. Especially in the heat: it will be hell. But it's gonna be great to have moved!!!
The final interesting thing that happened today is that I finally solved my referees' problems. I received two referee reports a while ago about an article and both suggested basically the same change to my paper. However, their suggestion would have 1) led to an extremely inconvenient and large amount of extra work and 2) would not really have been possible because I do not completely have all the necessary data to follow up on the suggestion. Also, it was a suggestion that has never been followed up in the general literature about the subject (which the referees were obviously unfamiliar with). And today, after one month of thinking, I FINALLY thought of a watertight argument why the additional calculations they asked for are not necessary. So instead of using a lame "but-that-would-be-so-much-work"-excuse, I can now prove that their suggestion is stupid! I am ECSTATIC!!!!
Ciao,
OJ

1 comment:

xxxxxxx said...

Have fun being moved, then. I hate moving in general, and moving when there is weather (regardless of what type of weather) in particular.

And remember, it is ok to reject up to 1/3rd of reviewers' comments, though you should not pick the most essential ones, of course.

In my case: #1 said 'delete H2a, H2b' #3 said 'delete H1a, H1b' leaving only H2c... luckily, #2 said 'work on your argument'. So that's what I did. And now, of course, the other dudes can see that all the other hypotheses are essential too. I hope.

Is Mrs. Olaf moving to Milano too, now, or do you still have to wait for that to happen?