Monday, April 03, 2006

Bye Bard en Suuz...

Well, the Party, which took place at a Raggae club around the corner was Interesting, to say the least. Many people were there, so we had a lot of fun. But I surely realise that Raggae clubs are not quite my thing. But we got drunk and made our own fun instead!
On Saturday, this did sort of ruin our chances of seeing much of Milano. But as the good weather took a day off anyway, we were quite satisfied with just visiting the market, a shop, and of course the Cimitero Monumentale! I must say that the Cimitero isnt quite as pretty when it is rainy, instead of sunny. At night, we went for Sushi Aperitivo at Bento Bar: I am loving it!!! Sushi Aperitivo kicks ass!!! But we (Suuz) was rather hung-over, so we went home earlier and played another card game. On Sunday, we had planned to go to Genova, but while going to bed the night before, we concluded that the cheap Genova train would be leaving too early for us! So instead, we decided to go to Lago Maggiore.


And that, I must say, was a great decission! We started at Lavero, where we walked around and took the lift up the mountain. The lift turned out to consist of tiny little 1 or 2 person carriers, steeply climbing a mountain: I was terrified!!!!


At the end of the lift, we were able to walk another while, in order to reach the top of the mountain. Well, it was quite a climb, but absolutely worth it. Stunning views, lovely heat and lots of parasailers etc flying around us. It was really quite amazing, I must say...


After coming down, we crossed the lake to Verbania. Some more food, some more drinks, some more tanning and it was time to make our way back to Milano. All in all, a very good day!!!
(please note that I am ignoring the horrible struggle to come down the mountain top. Een ezel stoot zich in t algemeen geen tweemaal aan dezelfde steen, as we say in Dutch, but I always do this to myself. I enjoy climbing up a mountain and then realise I have to come down again. With sore knees and a sore toe... Not a good idea!)
This morning, I brought BarD and Suuz to the train station, because they were leaving again... We definitely did have fun!
Afterwards, I actually went to the Municipality with Idil, to find out what happened to my Identity Card. Info desk 1 sent us to number 2. Info desk 2 sent us to a different one. He then sent us to another one (4), from where we went to number 5. Number 5 sent us back to 3, who sent us back to 2, from where we could go to the appropriate one! And all in all, it only took an hour and 15 minutes (which is only about 10 minutes per desk)! And, amazingly so, I ended up finally receiving my CARTA D'IDENTITA. With this, I will be able to get health insurance. Which I need to get a doctor. Which I need to get a Declaration of Health, which I need to be allowed to go to the gym. I am nearly there!!!!
In the afternoon I went to class, enjoyed the lovely weather (21-24 degrees) and relaxed... Life is good!!!
Ciao,
OJ

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Haha je bent vergeten dat we ook nog heerlijk slim waren met de trein halen in Verbania:-p
Bard

Unknown said...

Haha je bent vergeten dat we ook nog heerlijk slim waren met de trein halen in Verbania:-p
Bard