Tuesday, April 11, 2006

Bye Lotte (and Berlusconi)

Well, after Lotte finally arrived Saturday Night, we came home for lots of Fake Margheritas and Mexican food. Meghan did her best! We also went out, and I once more concluded that Loolapaloosa really kinda sux.
On Sunday, we had to take it slowly, due to a rather large alcohol take-up... And besides, Lotte wasnt very lucky with the weather: it was cold and it drizzled. But of course, this didnt stop us from going to Hightech. And the Cimitero Monumentale (which is really not even that bad in the rain: it suits the atmosphere). At night, Sushi Aperitivo and relaxing, because we were still exhausted from the party the night before. On Monday, the weather wasnt much better and we did a quick tour of the main tourist things (Duomo, Castello). The rest of the day was spent on Shopping. Lotte spent a small fortune on buying A LOT OF clothes, so that was really quite fun. At night, we were exhausted from the day's shopping and just did nothing again. This morning, I brought her to the station and went to Uni. I didnt have too much to do, so I could go home at 16.00 again. Resting for a while, cutting my own hair and preparing to go to a Big Birthday Party (of 5 people) tonight: Looking forward to it!!!
The good news about today: I FINALLY managed to get my "Health Card", aka Medical Insurance!!! It is settled! I am insured!!! And I have a doctor!
And of course, the other good news of today: Berlusconi is OUT. Good riddance, I hope we can now get rid of all the bloody election talk... Probably not, because they like a good election here and the next (mayoral) elections are in 6 weeks. In fact, this will be my first Italian election where I can participate. As I now have my Carta d'Identita, I also applied for a Electoral Card, which I should get in time to be able to vote for the new mayor of Milano!!! How cool is that?
Ciao,
OJ

1 comment:

xxxxxxx said...

Wowowowowait a minute, you are in Italy, dude. Receiving your insurance card after seven months is the standard. So, the parliamentary elections will go on for a while (a recount has already been called for) and you will never receive your election card in time. The only thing which is always there when you need it, il cimitero.