Friday, April 28, 2006

Forza Barca!

Yesterday was the Day of the Presentation for one of my courses. Normally, I am not really bothered with these kind of things, but the paper I was presenting this time was so bloody complicated that I actually thought it would be a bit of a problem. But it went quite ok. And the teacher apparently realised how hard the paper really was, because he didnt give me a hard time at all! So, in order to celebrate this, we went out to watch the match yesterday (not Ajax-Groningen, of course, even though that may actually have been more interesting! Instead, we watched Barcelona-Milan). So we had a good night when AC Milan had their asses kicked (Milan=Berlusconi, so the club doesnt have a lot of support among my leftist friends).
Today, I was supposed to work on a report. But I was unable to motivate myself strongly... Instead, I played around all day, did a little bit of work and applied for an internship in Manilla, the Phillipines. Now, the chances of actually GETTING the internship are about 1 in 1000, so dont get all excited. But it would be kinda awesome, wouldnt it? To go to Manilla for 2 months this Summer, in order to do some research...
Tomorrow, I will have to get up early, because the public transport starts striking at 8.30, so I have to be at Uni before that time (they do strike quite often, but at least they try to be a little bit considerate. The strike only starts at 8.30 and they will not strike between 15 and 18 o'clock either. Unfortunately I will have class until 18.00, so I will not be able to take the tram home....)
Ciao,
OJ

No comments: