Tuesday, April 25, 2006

Bye Bastiaan...

Thursday Morning, I went to class all morning and enjoyed some lunch and sun afterwards. In the afternoon, I went to pick up Bastiaan at Central Station. Of course, it was great to see him again and we spent the rest of the afternoon sitting on my terrace chatting and drinking wine. After another stroll through town, we had dinner and drank some more.
The weekend weather was as good as the forecasts promised, with 27-28 degrees on Saturday and Sunday. Of course this was worth a celebration and we therefore planned our first terrace party of the year on Saturday. For that, we did a lot of shopping, and after lunch we visited the Cimitero Monumentale. The rest of the day was spent on preparations for the party (and lying in the Sun). About 20-25 people showed up for our BBQ party (including the whole range of completely strangers we always expect) and had some nice foods (my BBQ squid was rather successful). Of ourse, both Bastiaan and I were quite drunk in the end and ended up going to bed before the party was over.
On Sunday, trying to forget the hangover, we got to a very slow start. Visited Hightech, Duomo and the rest of town. And, of course, went for Sushi Aperitivo at Bento Bar! Because I simply love that place!!!
This morning, I brought Bastiaan back to Central Station, where he would catch his bus again. On my return from the Station, I heard the repeated call of my bed and slept for another while. This is ok, because I have yet another little holiday (Monday and Tuesday), to celebrate the liberation at the end of the Second World War..... I am not kidding, this is what Italians celebrate: the fact that they were LIBERATED (obviously, I always point out that they didnt get liberated: they just lost, but this point of view does not attract a lot of support among Italians).
Ciao,
OJ

No comments: