Wednesday, April 19, 2006

And I am back...

On Thursday, I started my Holland trip in the morning by flying to Holland. The most important observation was that it was cold... But of course, seeing Fedor compensated any cold I might have felt. After hanging out at home, we spent the evening playing games with Fedors friends.
Friday afternoon, we started our little trip around the country. First stop: The Hague, where we visited friends who moved to a lovely apartment. After a gorgeous meal, the next stop was Rotterdam, in order to visit the beautiful new house of another set of friends. After spending the night at their place, Fedor and I could hitch a ride to my parents place, which was obviously very convenient.
Next stops consisted of my brother and family, my friend Seda and my other brother and family... Of course, this being easter time, I was completely ODing on chocolate eggs already, but it was great to see everyone! At night, we went to the pub where a bunch of people came to see us! Jochen en Jorryts decoration of the pub may have shocked a few people though... (my picture, announcing OJ, Queen of Milano, one-night-appearance in Groningen on his Holland Tour: Lets just not mention that again...).
The next morning I felt surprisingly fresh and after some Easter breakfast, Fedor and I drove back to my parents place for a lovely lunch. At the end of the afternoon, we jumped on the train again in order to reach Nijmegen in time to have dinner with Fedors Mother etc. Another night of fun was the result (and a late night, as always). Monday was a relatively quiet day, with only 2 major visits planned. The first visit consisted of Brunch at Fedors father's house. Absolutely lovely, as well. And after a little walk in the area, we continued to our next agenda point of Monday: Yet another new house! This time with friends from Highschool, whom I do not see very often (at all). Another evening of a lot of laughs was the result.
THANK GOD we could sleep very, very, very late on Tuesday, because Fedor and I were both completely exhausted! Apart from a little shopping (books etc), we only had one other, final, thing to do: Have dinner with 2 other friends. We did, enjoyed the hospitality of De Spil (Seriously, if you are in Nijmegen: go and eat there: its lovely), but didnt stay out until extremely late.
After all, this morning, we had to get up early again. Fedor had to go to work and I had to go to Eindhoven, in order to fly back to Milano. And so I did.
Coming back was really quite nice, especially because the weather is amazing and I got some more hours of Sun on the Terrace: I am so easy to please...
Now, I am exhausted from this week of holiday and I will go to bed very early.
Ciao,
OJ

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi OJ,

I'm really sorry for not showing up last Saturday. I hope Jorryt showed you my text message saying I was just too tired to go out. (Apparently I don't have your mobile nr.)

Ciao,
Marieke

xxxxxxx said...

Yeah, Marieke got a ride by Mr. Davidson or something like that.

Sorry I couldn't make it, had to spend Easter closer to the German fires afraid that I wouldn't experience the unique flavours, but I did. From your post I read, however, that Jorryt did as promissed and made up for my absence.

Planning to come to Milan doesn't seem to be an easy thing either. Maybe a weekend in June or July, I'll have to see to it.