Saturday, April 08, 2006

Lotte???

Yesterday, I realised what a silly week I was having, so I decided not even to Uni. Instead I stayed at home, and finished reading my book. In the afternoon, I met up with Idil, to go to the ASL (insurance people). Of course, the office closed 2 minutes before we arrived (I knew they didnt open until 13.30, but I didnt realise they would close again at 15.00... How silly of me). Instead, we walked to and through Brera, where the Milano Furniture Week is happening. Honestly, there wasnt that much happening, but at least now we can say we have been there. At night, I relaxed and chatted with Meghan until late.
This morning, however, I did have to get up reasonably early again, because I wanted to go to the market etc, before going to Malpensa to pick up my friend Lotte, who was arriving from Copenhagen. But after doing all my stuff, and when I was just on my way to the station, she called: the flight had been overbooked and she was bumped. Of course, this means a hefty financial compensation (hundreds of euros) and she could take the next flight. Which arrives tonight at 19.00, instead of the morning at 10.30. So this was absolutely no problem. I, however, didnt really have anything useful to do though. But this afternoon, the temperature rose once more, so I spent the afternoon studying in the Sun on my terrace. Lovely...
Now I will go to Malpensa Airport to pick her up, and then we will enjoy Meghans Mexican dinner she has been preparing all day!
Ciao,
OJ

No comments: