Monday, August 08, 2005

Back from vacation

Yesterday, Fedor and I returned from our little UK-holiday. 4 days in Coventry, England, which was absolutely brilliant. As always, when visiting my friend Matt, this consisted mainly of eating and drinking and more eating. In other words: great fun!!! After that, we flew from Nottingham to Edinburgh to spent another 5 days in Scotland. Fedors attempt of curing my hate of tents was futile. Camping in Scotland simply sucks. Scotland is wet and cold: not very attractive conditions for camping, obviously. On the other hand, it is a beautiful country and we had a lot of fun. It was really nice to simply drive around in our little gay-blue Chevrolet Matiz, and we saw a lot of Scotland. I had to do all the driving, which was not really a problem of course, but it did get rather stressy around Edinburgh (not really my kind of ringroad).
Oh well, we had a lot of fun and that is what's important.
The best news, however, is that I have not only finished my thesis, but actually received an 8 for it. I am very very very very happy about this, as it had been a rather awful affair of finishing it in the end. I am extremely excited about it!!!
ciao, OJ
PS Photos from Scotland will follow later.

No comments: