Tuesday, August 16, 2005

progress, but goal still unachieved

So far, the appartment hunt has not yet been succesful. But I have found my new favourite source: easystanza.it Why didnt anyone tell me about that before??? Basically, it is the italian version of kamernet.nl and I have already been sending emails to loads of people. Phoned with someone in London (I definitely do not want to see the bill of calling with my Dutch mobile in Italy to London...) and that sounds ok, except that there is no-one here to show me the flat.
Another flat has emailed me just now, and I emailed back. Now I am waiting for a phonecall (or an email with a phonenumber). The first one sounds a bit better (next to uni: 520€), but the 2nd sounds more hopeful. Only issue there would be the 1800€ bond they want. Well, there should be a way to get 1800€ in a few days, shouldnt there?
The good thing is that it turned out that there was some sort of holiday yesterday, thereby making it even quieter than normal in August. Now it is not as bad as yesterday. Obviously it is still quiet and about half the shops are closed and everyone is on holiday, but it is an improvement nonetheless...
Well, I hope everything will turn out ok.
ciao, OJ

No comments: