Tuesday, August 16, 2005

And we have a winner!!!!

I am now the very happy new resident of Via de Christoforis, 12... Per September 1, that is...

I decided to take the 600€-flat anyway, even though I do need to find 1800€ for the deposit somehow... Oh well, I'll manage somehow...
The flat is a shared place with 3 others. The main renter is a 31-year old Italian unemployed music technician, named Michele. He shares his room with his girlfriend, Megan, who is a 24 year old American girl going to fashion college in Milano. Finally, there is a 28-year old sort of DJ, who is from lots of places (mainly Morocco and the States, although he was born in Jakarta).

My room is about 16 m2, with 3 beds in it (good for people who want to come and visit...). It also has a lot of cupboards. The rest of the house is pretty neat and tidy. Additionally, there is a lovely terrace outside with plants and a free view... Its great!!! Finally, it is 3 minutes away from a metro station and 2 minutes away from the Corso Como, the hippest street of milan for going out right now!!! I am very very happy!!!!!!!

I was there today, drinking a bit of vino. Tomorrow I will drop a bag there and leave my first months rent...

For the rest, I will have a day off tomorrow. Nothing to do in Milano anymore for now...

WOOHOO!!!!!

cioa, OJ

4 comments:

Esther said...

OJ: Great News!!! Congratulations :) Ofcourse we hope to visit you in Milano, so those extra beds come in handy... See you soon at keiweek, which will be a great event!

Anonymous said...

Wonderful! A nice and not too expensive place in an apartment block full of artists; you will definitely feel really comfortable there. I plan to come and check it out once, for sure.

I am not quite sure when you will return, but due to a trip to Berlin I won't be in G-city next week (23-26), so I will meet you at your 'goodbye party'. Please take some pictures of your stanza Milanese; I think I am not the only curious person around.

Gerwin

Anonymous said...

Congrats OJ finally you got yourself a rm! Keep in touch dude.

Vanan.

Anonymous said...

Hey OJ. Let me try and do it in English too ;-)

Congrats on getting a room in Milano!!! So I guess you won't need a tent after all.... :D:D:D

But, for more serious matters now.... get your (fat) ass overhere to Grunn and help us get drunk in the "keiweek"!!!! We need you!!!!

Jorryt