Friday, March 27, 2009

the Last Things

It has been a week of lasts. My last meal at ARCI (it was fantastic: swordfish and aubergine pasta!!!), my last Reading Group (well, I actually skipped the last-last one, because I wanted to go to ARCI), my last seminar (actually quite interesting. I will miss some pretty amazing seminars, unfortunately). And my last (and admittedly also first) visit to San Siro! I know, some of you must think it is a shame it has taken me so long to go, but I never really had a true incentive before to go. But last weekend, Idil and I finally went to see a match: Inter vs Reggina. And [i]we [/i]won!!! 3 vs 0: it wasnt a very exciting match, basically... Here are some pics, to prove I really was there!
 

 

 


Furthermore, we also had Fedor's father (+donna) visiting last weekend, with whom I merely spent the evening programme. Fedor entertained them during the day, so that gave me some time to relax (and go to San Siro), which was pleasant. Let me think, what else have I done? I have been unpacking my office, and transfering everything home. Oh, and very importantly, I found a house in Berlin for the first month!!! I think I wrote previously about the flat I thought I had found, but which fell through. Well, now I have found something for real. The girl living there seems very nice, and the flat is in a great location. So I don't have to worry about that anymore, which is quite a relief.

My drivers' licence, on the other hand, is another story. Apparently it is not finished yet, so I am trying to find out whether Fedor can pick it up, or whether the office might be open on Good Friday (when I am going to be here for 2 days). It is all a bit of a hassle. Not as much hassle as the Internet company, but that is a wholly different story...

Anyway, I am just writing this post because I am meeting some friends (in fact, I believe it might be quite a few friends) for a pizza in 20 minutes and I wasnt sure what to do in the meantime: writing a blog post seemed like a good idea! Fedor is away for the weekend, to Frankfurt and he returns Monday morning. It'll be nice to see him for a moment, because on Monday Evening the moment is finally here: I will become ein Berliner!!!

Ciao/Tschüß,
OJ
Posted by Picasa

No comments: