Sunday, May 20, 2007

My camera Rocks

Last week, I finally decided that it was time for me to focus my research on something else for a while. I had been working on the same bloody thing for such a long time: I was completely sick of it. So I have started working on the second topic now. It is (obviously) still in a very early stage, but it basically will be a theoretic analysis of the incentives of individuals to actively participate in civil conflict. Now, does that not sound interesting?
Right, anyway, I think it does and the good thing is that it will be purely theoretical, no data involved, possibly some simulated data, but that is fine... Anyway, I was quite excited about the entire idea of this and I spent a lot of time working on it. The weather was very nice, so I used a few opportunities I had to have some reading in the park, enjoying the sun. And of course, hot weather also leads to bad storms. Like this one:
 

But of course, most of the time the weather was lovely, so we could enjoy our lunches at ARCI, near University
 

 

On Wednesday, Fedor's uhm, sister (sort of: long story) and her boyfriend came to Milan. As we were obviously working, they stayed in a hotel and we didnt get to see them until Friday. When we did, it was obviously a happy reunion for Fedor and they spent all Friday watching Milan. At night, we did our regular trip to La Padellacia and played some silly games at home.
On Saturday, as they had already spent so much time in Milan, we decided that it would be fun to actually leave Milan and go to Como. Also, because it was very warm, and Como is always nice and cool.


After some nice food and ice cream, we also decided taht it would be a good idea to take a pedalo out to the lake (a waterfiets). And so we did. Possibly surprising, but we had absolutely loads of fun!!! Didn't realise how much fun it could actually be to go on a pedalo (and how exhausting it is, actually)

And, in the famous words of a Dutch comedian, it is now time for a FILMPJE!!!! (we made our own little disaster movie of some sort, but unfortunately it is in Dutch. May I please add that we were actually sober when we recorded this....)
At night, another dinner and another night of playing games ensued. It was very enjoyable and we were quite sad to see them go this morning. On the other hand, it was nice to have most of the Sunday to ourselves...
Tomorrow, another day of work will follow.
Ciao,
OJ
PS My top banner system is broken, but my Local Provide (aka Jorryt) has informed me that this will be repaired within approximately 20 days (and counting)

No comments: