Monday, April 09, 2007

Visitors etc.

So, last weekend we had Fedor's friend Coby coming over, with her boyfriend Peter. While I didnt know them very well, we did have a lot of fun that weekend!!! It included drinking a lot and playing a lot of games! Of course, one of the best things was the fact that these were not my direct friends! So I was excused for not participating in the day programme. Nice for a change. I had a lot of time to do some things or myself and think about my own things for some time.
 

During the week, I spent a lot of time on my research. I found some significant errors in my research and I am having some trouble with my results (don't break open my beak, to put this in a Dutchism).
However, I dont want to get into that. On Friday we went drinking with Fedor's friend Sebastiaan, who happened to be in town for a few days with his rugby team. Together with Idil and Bjoern, we had a really fun night going out!
Of course, on Saturyday we did have to get up quite early, in order to prepare our house for the arrival of the next visitors: Joost and Kim came over from The Hague to visit for 2 days. The weather was absolutely lovely during their visit, so our walk through town was gorgeous on Saturday. The evening with pizzas and the Johann Sebastian Bar was even more lovely! On Sunday, it was Easter, which strangely resulted in the closure of nearly all bars and festivities.... Maybe I could have figured this out in advance.... We even didnt make it to the Cimitero Monumentale!!!
At least, we did climb the Duomo:
 

 

Another interesting thing is the piece of Art that is in front of the Palazzo Ducale, next to the Duomo:
 

This morning, Joost and Kim left again and I went to University to get more work done. (dont break open my beak, still)
Just two more days to clear up my research mess before going to this conference in Izmir... (yes, I am freaking out. Really.). But let's focus first on things more close at hand: office hours at 9AM tomorrow morning.
Ciao,
OJ

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Nice pictures Olaf! Thanks again for the wonderful weekend...

Joost