Saturday, January 20, 2007

Not much

My Uni-friends were all quite impressed with the apple pie I baked to celebrate my birthday last Tuesday. Of course it came as quite a shock to them that there are actually things in the Dutch kitchen that taste good... And apple pie is a really traditional Dutch dish, so I improved our name in that field a little bit. I also received some lovely presents, including a trip to Florence (from Fedor, in 3 weeks), a subscription to the Economist (from my parents) and among other things an electric chocolate fondue set (we now have 3 chocolate fondue sets, but this is the first electric one).
And from my brother a book with 100 things to do on planet Earth (similar to Hillman Wonders, but with quite some differences. My tally for Hillman was 23 and for this book it's 27! And poor Fedor went down from 24 to a mere 17... We will have to work diligently to finish both lists during this lifetime!!!
The arrival of this last present, btw, also made me wonder about the Italian mail system again. On Thursday, we received 3 things from Holland. One christmas card which had been on its way for a month. One Newyears card which had been on its way for 3 weeks and this parcel, which took a mere 2 days. You really cannot trust the Italian mail...
Anyways, if the weather is good tomorrow we are going to go to the Monastery of Pavia, because we actually didnt go last time we were in Pavia and it is supposed to be superb!
Ciao,
OJ

2 comments:

Esther said...

Happy B'day! Bit late (sorry, no internetacces), but still... Another year, new chances :) Enjoy !

xxxxxxx said...

Likewise. Plenty of internet access though. I forgot. And I didn't just forget in the 'oops' sence, no I really did. Quite in fact, I have no clue when this event specifically took place. Probably because previous celebrations ended in severe brain damage for me. Nevertheless, enjoy putting 220V on your food.