Wednesday, January 31, 2007

In the words of Meatloaf

Nil out of three ain't bad...

Today, I simply should have stayed in bed, I think. The first look out of the window should have warned me that this was not going to be a good day: Somebody stole the church!!! (and in fact, stole the rest of the world as well....)

After realising that the rest of the world did, in fact, still exist, I went to Uni and did some work. And considered that of the 3 important things I was going to do today, a success rate of 2 out of 3 would really be quite satisfactory. In the morning, Marta and I went on our search for a shoemaker. This actually succeeded in the end, but he was not willing to repair either of our pairs. Marta's were too fucked and mine were too cheap to spend money for repairing on (his words). That really sucks, because the shoes are only 3 months old and the bottoms have all but disappeared (I admit they were really cheap). So with that first part of my daily mission failed, I was really going for it this time at the Questura.
I brought Idil with me this time, because I had udnerstood that I would not have to wait very long and I trust her Italian more than my own.
That second statement is still true, but the first is not. After waiting for 2 1/2 hours, I was told once again that my Permesso di Soggiorno was NOT FINISHED. So, after my EIGHTH visit, I still do not have my fucking permesso!!!!! And as it took longer than I had expected, I also failed to be able to fulfil the third goal of the day: go the bank to change my address. This, also, is not easy, especially because the bank is far away and opening hours of Italian banks are erratic. So, all in all, 0 out of 3. FUCK
I did manage to buy a new pair of shoes for less than 1/3 of the price that it would have cost me to have my old pair repaired!
Goddammit. fcking Italians.
Ciao,
OJ

1 comment:

xxxxxxx said...

This one deserves a prize.

..."someone stole the church"...

And, remind me, since when does Mr. Alphabet need a fucking permission?