Monday, October 16, 2006

Another week without news

Well, no news is a bit of an exageration. I worked on my research, followed some seminars and classes, but overall, there was not too much to do. On Saturday, apart from our weekly groceries, we also went shopping for real. Unfortunately I was not very successful and only managed to buy one pair of desperately needed trousers. I dont even really like them. Italians might be known for their fashion industry, the main street fashion (especially with respect to trousers) is absolutely horrendous. So it was quite a frustrating bit of shopping I did. On Sunday, we had another day of relaxation and quiet. Of course we did clean the house, as we do most Sundays.
Last week, I also discovered that Bocconi actually has a Faculty Council. With Student members. I was highly amazed, because it was the first time I had even heard about the existence of this council. We are currently working on the elections for the Faculty Council and of we are all hoping to be able to elect our Economics Representative Marianna. This is my second encounter with Italian democracy (after the municipal elections a few months ago), and this is yet another interesting experience. We are supposed to vote anonymously so we are provided with an anonymous white envelope in which we are to put our voting papers. However, in order to hand in the vote, we have to put this envelope into another envelope which has our name stamped on it. This way the University can safely claim that votes are cast anonimously, while actually being able to check who voted on whom... Am I the only person thinking this kinda defeats the whole purpose of the elections?
Tonight, the house has been a little instable. Or at least, the electricity supply. So I am now sitting with a few candles on, just in case the electricity switches of again. It reminds me of Athens, where it was extremely common that the electricity would switch off for a while (occasionally hours)... A lovely flashback, it is...
Now I wanted to end with another gorgeous picture of Our Naviglio Grande, but unfortunately Blogger is having some issues and it therefore it refuses to upload any new pictures. So no picture.
Ciao,
OJ

2 comments:

Fedor said...

Well actually, I was quite content with our shopping spree... I can't help it if you're too picky!

Anonymous said...

don't forget to vote me also!!!!
I will be back at the end of october, looking forward to see all of you guys
baci giovanna