Sunday, September 17, 2006

Many, many Moons

OK, I realise it has been long since I have written anything. But as my defense, I would like to suggest that NOT having Internet at home makes it significantly more difficult to stay up-to-date with a blog. However, the good news is that this problem has been solved! Since Friday we actually DO have internet at home! So I am not completely Skypable and MSNable any time of the night or day (well, sort of). Over the last week-and-a-half, quite a lot of things have happened of course. We went out with our friends Nina (whom I know from Highschool) and Antonio twice. We went out with my ex-flatmate twice (and ended up singing Karaoke twice as well), etc, etc. I have been working, at Uni. Working on a research proposal, for which I have managed to get the attention and interest of my new sort-of Supervisor. Additionally, we have been quite busy at Uni welcoming back everyone after their holidays... However, Fedor has been significantly more productive! He has had a few interviews and at all the place he went to, they decided they wanted to hire him! So he could actually simply choose a job. And there are still offers coming in!!! But he has made a final decision already and has taken up 2 part-time jobs. For one of the jobs he had his first classes on Friday, and it went really well!!! I knew he was a born teacher...
For the rest, too much has been happening to discuss it all. I will just tell about today, when we (finally) had time to celebrate my gift for Fedor's Master Degree. We started by going to the Absolut Ice Bar. It is a bar, made of ice. With tables and benches made of ice. And glasses made of ice. And everything made of ice. We drank a cocktail there (wearing big warm coats) and went home afterwards. At home, I made a lovely dinner for Fedor, including a gorgeous chocolate fondue, as a result of which we are now feeling extremely fat and kinda sick. But it was verrrrry yummie, anyway!!!
Anyways, now that we have internet at home, I will be able to update my blog more often...
Ciao,
OJ

No comments: