Thursday, August 10, 2006

To Pool or Not to Pool, that is the question...

No, I still havent got any better pictures from inside the flat... I do, however, have a picture of this:

After Sadam sugar, of which I put a picture here on an earlier occassion, there is now Hell beer!!! How cool is that? I think it is kinda awesome...
Furthermore, the main news is that Fedor had his first job interview today! And it went really well. Unfortunately, it is not a full-time job and he doesnt know for sure yet whether he is hired, but it is a good sign that his first interview went really well. I am very happy about that!
Additionally, we received our new sofa today! This is a great thing, because we have been sitting on wooden chairs for a week now and were both kinda sick of that. And the fact that we didnt expect the sofa for another week, makes the reception even sweeter! (the landlord ordered it and told them to deliver it next week... For some reason they decided to deliver too early: I am not complaining!)
Yesterday and today, I have dedicated time to writing down my ideas for a paper. I am considering the possibility to use a spatial econometric analysis approach to the spill-over effects of conflict on the GDP-growth of neighbouring countries. Now, wouldnt that be interesting? I am not entirely sure, however, whether my idea is feasible or not. So I am still in the process of analysis.
And tomorrow will be the last day before my week-long holiday. That is, the air-conditioning will be switched off for a week, which means NO WORK. On Monday, Fedor and I will leave for Rome for 3 days, and I am really looking forward to that too! Not in the least because it will give me another 3 Wonders of the World, of course!
Finally, another photo from the courtyard of our new building (you actually cannot see our flat, but we are on the 3rd floor)

Ciao,
OJ

No comments: