Friday, August 18, 2006

Roma

Well, well, well, wasn't Rome a treat? Well, yes it was, in fact. Thanks to my personal guide, who knows A LOT about Roman ruins and everything related to Christianity, I have had a journey of Knowledge. Seriously, I learned so many new things, it is amazing! And I took so many pictures, you would really not believe that. But that is just because there is so much to see!
Fedor divided our trip in several parts. Monday was Roma Antica, Tuesday was (mostly) Roma Christiana and Wednesday was Roma Sud (and rest). Unfortunately, one of the main Things-To-Do in the Roma Christiana theme didnt happen: the Vatican Museums (and Sistine Chapel) were closed!!!!! Very unfortunate, because this means I only got TWO Wonders of the World during the trip, instead of the three I was hoping for. But despite this, we did have a lovely time!!!
Roma Antica included the following (most of these do not need explanation, so I will not give any. The other reason for not giving any is found in the fact that I actually do not remember all the names of everything we saw!)




The second day was Roma Christiana, from which these were some of the highlights:





Finally, on the Roma Sud and Rest Day, we went to the South (EUR, the ruins of the Terme and the Via Appia)




All in all, it was very exhausting but we did do a good deal of all there is to do in Rome in only 3 days!
Yesterday and today, we rested and chilled. Of course, I will have to try and do a little bit of work for a few days, before we actually go travelling again! Well, that is, next week we are going to go to the Netherlands for a week! It will be a busy week, that one!!!
Ciao,
OJ

No comments: