Sunday, December 06, 2009

update from the bed!

Wow, that was quite a while again. We have had so many visitors, and so many other things to do though! Jorryt and Lilian (and their Unborn), Suuz and BarD and Felix and Annaig. It was all great fun and good to see everyone (see pictures at the end of this post). But to be honest, and that is meant in the nicest way possible, I am most excited about the current weekend: our free weekend!!! The first one in a looooooooong while. So now it is Sunday, 1pm, and I am in bed, updating my blog. And loving it!!! And oh, btw, this update is coming to you from an EEE notebook: my new computer, that is!

Fedor's ancient computer finally died, 2 days ago (it had been a long time coming), so we bought a new one. But because we didnt really want to spend much money, we decided to go for one of this mini netbooks (its about half the size of a normal laptop), which is my computer now, and Fedor has my old one. It takes some getting used to, but it really isnt all that bad. And it really is a lot more convenient for taking around with me. So I am quite satisfied. (oh, and it only cost 249 euros, that is also a big bonus).

Anyways, the first time I will have the opportunity to take it with me is next week, when I go to Geneva for 3 days, for a meeting with some people from the UNDP and others (an expert meeting on the role of violence in the accomplisment of the Millenium Development Goals: pretty cool, actually). Oh, while talking about work: Did I mention I had a paper accepted in Journal for Development Studies? And a Revise&Resubmit at Journal of Conflict Resolution? Well, I do! And I am very happy about it. Oh, and 3 Discussion Papers, which can be found on the DIW website, if you are interested.

Just a short summary of other things we have recently done: xmas party from work, which was fun. And booking our honeymoon (oh yeah, I forgot to mention: we will fly to Bangkok on the 30th of December, spend 4 weeks in Thailand-Cambodia-Laos and get back to Berlin on the 26th. And we are soooooooooooooo much looking forward to it. Particularly given the CRAPPY weather in Berlin...)

Tschüß,
OJ



 

 

 
Posted by Picasa

2 comments:

Esther said...

Wow, that's a lot of good things happening! Congrats on the paper getting accepted (and the rest will be as well), sounds like you're really productive.
And such a brilliant trip coming up, enjoy the honeymoon, you've deserved it after all the hard work. Do keep us updated though, looking forward to all the lovely sunny pictures, especially as it's gonna be terrible up here. Have fun!

xxxxxxx said...

Developnment Studies is great, congratulations.

But these netbooks, don't you need a tooth pick to type on them? I guess it took you quite a while to type this post.